COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Main Category > News and Politics

Old 11-23-2017, 07:16 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thanked 1,547 Times in 465 Posts
Thumbs down Over 1100 rnds in 12 mins? Nope!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/sh...jVQ?li=BBnb7Kz
It can't be done! Not by ONE MAN. No!
Thomas Jefferson
“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.” Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by dw1911; 11-23-2017 at 10:01 PM.
Old 11-24-2017, 08:51 AM
Founding Member
Super Moderator

Bored this morning, so I decided to try my hand at math.

hmmm.... that would be 37 30 round magazines with no stoppages. With 720 seconds (12 minutes) and assuming maybe a 5 second change per magazine (185 seconds or 5 minutes) we would be looking at 7 minutes of fire time if the shooter were using 30 round magazines. Las vegas shooter reportedly was using 100 round mags which would require 11 mag changes instead of 37, so about 1 minute of actual mag changes at 5 second per change. That would leave him 10-11 minutes of actual fire time.

Slide Fire advertises a 900 rounds per minute cyclical rate in a spray and pray scenario. Realistically, I would think that 6-700 rounds might be a better number. Assuming multiple AR's with 100 round mags (assumption being I think the barrels would be red hot after 100 rounds of high speed shooting), if the shooter set up his position properly, he could switch rifles very quickly, letting the previously used ones cool down for a minute.

I think the shooter could have fired1100 rounds in the allotted time-frame, but with virtually no accuracy. It would truly be spray and pray, and assuming absolutely no ftf, jams or any other stoppage. Add to that I believe he would have had to practice to get that kind of speed. In short, I'm thinking "not likely, but possible given the right circumstances.
SA Micro Compact
and a spectacular cast of others!

"You have never lived, until you have almost died. And for those who fight for it, life has a flavor that the protected will never know." Guy de Maupassant, 1893.
Anonymously, penned on a sign at a command post at Khe Sanh, RVN.
Old 11-24-2017, 09:46 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thanked 1,547 Times in 465 Posts

I agree that Perhaps, if He was very trained,( They said He had No training) and all went Perfect, He MAY have been able to fire 1100+ rounds in 12 mins. But, I don't believe He was the only shooter, and the Police are not telling the truth in Vegas. There has been a few Forensic Scientists that agree after hearing the gunfire and analyzing it.
They say it's 2 shooters, maybe 3. From different locations. Not 1 location.
One thing is sure, we will likely Never know exactly what happened in Vegas!
Not making a joke of it, but Vegas People do say, "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas"
Thomas Jefferson
“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.” Thomas Jefferson
Old 11-24-2017, 11:29 AM
Founding Member
Super Moderator

I can agree...we'll never know for sure. Notice also that we haven't heard word one about the church shooting in Tennessee since the day after it happened?

When I was a teen, we had a saying. "Just cuz you're paranoid, doesn't mean they are not out get you!"

I think the media and the government (both sides) are in collusion to keep us all as "sheeple"
SA Micro Compact
and a spectacular cast of others!

"You have never lived, until you have almost died. And for those who fight for it, life has a flavor that the protected will never know." Guy de Maupassant, 1893.
Anonymously, penned on a sign at a command post at Khe Sanh, RVN.