COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Main Category > Reloading Bench

Old 08-02-2014, 10:08 AM
Founding Member
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by aloreman View Post
I love every year when new lubricating potions hit the market. I read an article written by the editor of handgunner magazine a few years ago and it said the best oil you can use is cheap free of available. I use whatever oil i can find on m guns and i grease them with wheel bearing grease. Think about it. How many of us have our fathers, grandfathers, and great grandfathers guns? They still work fine right? So they used 3N1 oil wd40 motor oil ect. We don't need to reinvent the wheel. round wheels are fine

They didn't boil them in ultrasonic cleaners either. My personal opinion is that some people take gun cleaning to extremes. KISS

In hoc signo vinces

If you can list them, you ain't got enough!!!

Life Member NRA, SCI, ATA, NSCA
COTEP 414
Old 08-02-2014, 06:58 PM
COTEP Member

I'm with ya guys, if Dad came back from the grave and walked in on me humped over a workbench, heating a 1911 with a hairdryer and smearing spearmint smelling goo on with a toothbrush, I can imagine his face.

He would say "puppy, give me the singer sewing machine oil and throw that foo foo in the garbage" then if I told him what I paid he would grab his chest.....
Old 08-02-2014, 07:04 PM
COTEP Member

Like I said......Mobil 1 and Lubriplate
Take it apart, wipe it down, brush the barrel grooves, pull a rag through, grease/oil as needed, re-assemble, utilize.
Inspect parts for wear/cracks/chips during process, ya gotta look at 'em anyway.

I have to admit that I am thinking about an ultrasonic cleaner for real detail cleaning. Intrigued is a better word.

"The most basic right that we have emanates from our Creator and it is that unalienable right to life. We stand firmly on the principle that from conception until the last breath is drawn, life is sacred.”

Political Correctness is a doctrine, recently fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end!
Old 08-02-2014, 07:28 PM
COTEP Member

OTOH, Froggy lube keeps wifey happy. Smells good and if you aren't using her oven to "cure" your guns, she don't care!
COTEP #744
Old 08-03-2014, 04:47 AM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkmanjoe View Post
I have to admit that I am thinking about an ultrasonic cleaner for real detail cleaning. Intrigued is a better word.
Hey Joe, me too! Harbor Freight has a 2.5 liter ultrasonic on sale, http://t.harborfreight.com/25-liter-...ner-95563.html less the 20% coupon??? interesting! Hmmm, wonder how FrogLube would work in there
COTEP #0749

I changed my car horn to gun shot sounds. People move out of the way much faster now
Old 08-03-2014, 07:42 AM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Hey Joe, me too! Harbor Freight has a 2.5 liter ultrasonic on sale, http://t.harborfreight.com/25-liter-...ner-95563.html less the 20% coupon??? interesting! Hmmm, wonder how FrogLube would work in there
Interesting, and I'll be up in Delray this week. I suspect Caryn and Caryle will be using it for jewelry, Joseph and Seth will come up with several boy things they need it for and I'll never see it once I get it home.

"The most basic right that we have emanates from our Creator and it is that unalienable right to life. We stand firmly on the principle that from conception until the last breath is drawn, life is sacred.”

Political Correctness is a doctrine, recently fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end!
Old 08-03-2014, 08:01 AM
COTEP Member

Default Terribly disappointed in Froglube

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkmanjoe View Post
Interesting, and I'll be up in Delray this week. I suspect Caryn and Caryle will be using it for jewelry, Joseph and Seth will come up with several boy things they need it for and I'll never see it once I get it home.

Get a small one off eBay for jewelry, about $25 I think I paid. Works GREAT for eyeglasses with about a tsp of Mr. Clean or other all purpose cleaner. Brownell's has gun cleaning solution by the gallon.

Don't think I would want to put my jewelry in the same unit used for cleaning guns... Yuk
COTEP #0749

I changed my car horn to gun shot sounds. People move out of the way much faster now