Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFadda View Post
Hehehehe..... job security. I like it.
Da
LOL!!!!!

Very well put!!!

The Present is the instant flash of reality in which the ever approaching Future becomes the Past..................

The Constitution is my Caesar
Old 05-07-2012, 08:51 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

I sold my Super Carry Pro Custom Shop K**ber to buy my CBOB. The weight of the Pro was nice, it was a bobtail, and was very accurate. However, the alloy frame and using hollow point bullets was a concern to me, so I opted for the DW. Both guns are 70 series, no FPB, but I prefer the stainless frame.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:59 PM
COTEP Member

Hey, all things being equal I'd rather have a D.W. but some Kimbers can't be beat for the money. You can buy a custom II for around 800 maybe alittle less, that's alot of gun for that price. Is Kimber as good as a D.W., no, is D.W. as good as a Wilson, well I really don't know I can't afford a Wilson. Or a Brown for that matter, might swing a baer someday but to tell ya the truth I'm pretty happy with what I have.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:08 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thanked 4,517 Times in 1,211 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by glider View Post
Hey, all things being equal I'd rather have a D.W. but some Kimbers can't be beat for the money. You can buy a custom II for around 800 maybe alittle less, that's alot of gun for that price. Is Kimber as good as a D.W., no, is D.W. as good as a Wilson, well I really don't know I can't afford a Wilson. Or a Brown for that matter, might swing a baer someday but to tell ya the truth I'm pretty happy with what I have.
Glider,

Don't take all the Kimber bashing you see around here to heart. The guys just like to razz people about owning Kimbers. It's mostly just jokes.

There are some gun snobs here that really do believe their guns are the best on the planet and that all others suck. So be it, everyone's entitled to their opinion.

Remember this is the internet and this forum is just like all the others, it's filled with opinions and you know what they say, opinions are like azz*****, everyone's got one!

I love my Kimber. I'll sell my Dan Wesson before I sell my Kimber.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:14 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skosh69 View Post
Glider,

Don't take all the Kimber bashing you see around here to heart. The guys just like to razz people about owning Kimbers. It's mostly just jokes.

There are some gun snobs here that really do believe their guns are the best on the planet and that all others suck. So be it, everyone's entitled to their opinion.

Remember this is the internet and this forum is just like all the others, it's filled with opinions and you know what they say, opinions are like azz*****, everyone's got one!

I love my Kimber. I'll sell my Dan Wesson before I sell my Kimber.
I'll buy your DW. just bring it in May.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:28 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

the fact of the matter is, It is darn hard to run across a total piece of crap modern manufactured gun.

yeah you may end up with a lemon, but if you grab another of the same model, it will likely work.

what it comes down to for most people is usually these things. I might be wrong on the order

1) name recognition. Kimber 60k 1911's DW 4500. Yeah it is hard to beat that name recognition.

2) price point. If you have 700 bucks you only have 700 bucks. So you look for things in that price point. 1000 dollar HK's are out.

3) aesthetics Yeah yeah all guns go boom but some just look cooler to you. That differs person to person other wise we would not see those glorious tiger striped 50AE Desert Eagles.

4) comfort including grip and weight. I think more people are looking at what feels good as opposed to one that had 19 rounds like a noticed in the 90's.

5) Capacity. people want bullets man. the more, the safer they feel.

My two cents in a world of 20 dollar bills.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:02 PM
COTEP Member

Well my PM9 is very well fit and it's a tack driver. If they're all like that I want another. I really don't see the need to spend more than a D.W. cost, I don't see how anything could be better made. If there is something better made I don't want to know. I've sold a few Kimbers but the ones I still have are keepers. The Gold Match goes to the range with the PM9, the compact is a carry and the Custom II is just a real good plain jane work horse. If I would decide to do some custom work on a 1911 that would be the one.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:10 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glider View Post
Well my PM9 is very well fit and it's a tack driver. If they're all like that I want another. I really don't see the need to spend more than a D.W. cost, I don't see how anything could be better made. If there is something better made I don't want to know. I've sold a few Kimbers but the ones I still have are keepers. The Gold Match goes to the range with the PM9, the compact is a carry and the Custom II is just a real good plain jane work horse. If I would decide to do some custom work on a 1911 that would be the one.

They are great guns but like all things. They can be done better. Read Severns custom's two shoot out threads on the big forum.

I have guns I like, guns that i think people here would laugh at. Hell one of my best accuracy groups from today was with a CZ-82. damn fine pistol for what it is, a Chech comm-bloc pistol that is beat to hell.

Buy what you like, give it a go, and don't let people get under your skin.

i have my list of what i want. An HK P7 was on that for over 10 years. I picked one up this last year. Not a bad gun, but after 3 mags it was to hot to do anything with. I shoot other guns better. so I traded it.

I bought that cz 82 to get free shipping on an order 3 years ago. It is the only gun of the original 4 i still have.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:21 PM
COTEP Member

I know what you mean, that Custom II is kinda special to me and it's the cheapest 1911 I have. I've got a Sig P229 that is a very fine weapon, never a problem of any kind, it just runs and it's a tack driver.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:59 PM
Founding Member
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,481 Times in 716 Posts

I own a Kimber, I own a Wilson. Is the Wilson better built, with a better fit and finish, more accurate, with a lifetime warranty for whoever owns it? Yup. Was it worth the extra 1800 bucks? Again, yup. Did I have to take the Kimber to the smith to make it run right out of the box? Again, yup. Still have the Kimber though, and it still hits MOD (minute of dead) on steel targets. Carry it from time to time, too. But I carry a j frame BUG when I do.
S&W J-Frame .38
ect
" I don't own the clothes I'm wearin', and the road goes on forever "

There's a gator in the bushes, and it's calling my name...
COTEP #523