COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Firearms > 1911 Style Pistols > RIA

Old 01-27-2014, 12:36 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thanked 2,790 Times in 732 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GD2A View Post
Nah, no need for a Spartan. Truth is, a new trigger isn't necessary, I just prefer the aesthetics of a solid aluminum, GI style. I bought this gun with the idea that I'd customize it a bit. I've been interested in Cerakote but never had a gun I was willing to try it with.

The thing I *need* to address is that damn thumb safety. It literally hurts to operate it. Moreover, I don't need an ambi or anything that extended.

All in all, I think it's a right fine gun for $400 and I'm very happy I bought it!
When you get close to wanting to Cerakota a gun give me a PM...i did a ton of studying on this and just had a gone done not to long ago....stuff is good, don't hesistate to do one just find a guy who really knows what he is doing that is important....costs about $125
Old 01-27-2014, 03:46 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmc530 View Post
When you get close to wanting to Cerakota a gun give me a PM...i did a ton of studying on this and just had a gone done not to long ago....stuff is good, don't hesistate to do one just find a guy who really knows what he is doing that is important....costs about $125
Thank you, will do. The prices around here are $200ish for the coating. Wish I lived closer to you
Old 01-27-2014, 04:00 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoMag View Post
GD2A, Armscor / RIA has the parts that you want if you want RIA parts. The gunsmiths at Armscor in Nevada will also install those parts and that will keep the lifetime warranty in effect. Any gunsmith work done by a non RIA gunsmith can in some instances void the warranty. I would get with Arnel to double check on the mods that you want done and to check the warranty if done by an outside smith. 1-775-537-1444
Just to follow up. I've tried over a half dozen times today to call. Now, instead of a voicemail system all I'm getting is a constant busy signal. RIA sure isn't winning any CS awards thus far. Is there a better way to reach a human there to help me sort out my gun? If the price is right and the turn around time is reasonable I'd have no problem having them swap my safety for one that doesn't cut my thumb.
Old 01-27-2014, 04:15 PM
COTEP Member

Thanked 1,137 Times in 254 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmc530 View Post
Good to know, I have a slide I want to do. PM inbound.