COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Firearms > 1911 Style Pistols

Old 06-16-2011, 05:19 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Default The barrel

COTEP #0443 USMC #0311
"Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less." ~Robert E Lee
“The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in times of great moral crises maintain their neutrality.” ~Dante Alighieri

Last edited by SemperFi1977m; 06-16-2011 at 05:21 PM.
Old 06-16-2011, 05:24 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Default The frame

OK, NOW I'M ALL FINISHED
COTEP #0443 USMC #0311
"Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less." ~Robert E Lee
“The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in times of great moral crises maintain their neutrality.” ~Dante Alighieri
Old 06-16-2011, 09:27 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Very nice looks great how's it shoot?
Cotep #464

Just living life and appreciating every day
Old 06-17-2011, 06:00 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

You have my attention!! I would really to pick one yp one of these day's!!
Old 06-17-2011, 07:49 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Yea thanks for the detailed pics, now that you posted those do you think you can do a FULL detail strip and show us the good stuff deep inside
Just kidding. Thanks for all the nice big pictures I have been wondering how RUGER's 1911 came out and it looks pretty nice especially for the price. I would buy one if the price is right.

Now please let us know how she shoots. I did watch a video on YouTube of Hickok45 showing one off and it shot very well with no malfunctions right out of the box. (I'm not sure if any of you watch YouTube but if not check out Hickok45 he does some nice shooting videos).

Anyways thank you again for posting all the great pics. Looking forward to a range report.

-Ryan S
2010 DW SS RZ-45 Heritage, 2011 DW SS Valor Bobtail (V-BOB), 2010 DW CCO, 2012 DW ECO, Sig Sauer P238 SAS edition, Sig Sauer 1911 Scorpion (5in barrel), Kahr P380, ,Kahr PM9->Black Diamond coat-Night sights, Daniel Defense DDM4 V4, LMT308MWS, and a FN SCAR 17 "Heavy".
COTEP # CCO0488
God Bless Our Troops
Old 06-17-2011, 11:43 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by allrockabilly View Post
Yea thanks for the detailed pics, now that you posted those do you think you can do a FULL detail strip and show us the good stuff deep inside
Just kidding. Thanks for all the nice big pictures I have been wondering how RUGER's 1911 came out and it looks pretty nice especially for the price. I would buy one if the price is right.

Now please let us know how she shoots. I did watch a video on YouTube of Hickok45 showing one off and it shot very well with no malfunctions right out of the box. (I'm not sure if any of you watch YouTube but if not check out Hickok45 he does some nice shooting videos).

Anyways thank you again for posting all the great pics. Looking forward to a range report.

-Ryan S
I will be busy most the weekend with schoolwork and Father's Day, but will have a range report after that. I did watch the 2 videos Hickok45 did with the Ruger and hope for similar reliability with mine. I was thinking of adding pics of some of the internal parts....so I may do so yet, if i can get unblurry pics with my phone
COTEP #0443 USMC #0311
Old 06-17-2011, 10:30 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

it looks very nice!

The Present is the instant flash of reality in which the ever approaching Future becomes the Past..................

The Constitution is my Caesar
Old 06-17-2011, 11:25 PM
Founding Member
Super Moderator

Looks good , I'm interested in how she shoots. be sure to take someone to the range with you who can shoot.

In hoc signo vinces

If you can list them, you ain't got enough!!!

Life Member NRA, SCI, ATA, NSCA
COTEP 414
Old 06-21-2011, 01:55 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thumbs up Ruger Range Time

Finally got outside to shoot today between rainstorms....had rain this morning and looks like more is coming.

I used the 2 factory magazines, 2 Chip McCormick match-grade 8rd mags, a Chip McCormick Power10 mag, and the ACT-MAG 7RD mag from my RIA. The Ruger liked them all.

I fired 100 rds of hardball (mixed Winchester white-box and Remington UMC) and ended my session with first a rapid fire out of my 10rd mag with hardball and then with one 8rd mag of Federal JHP while she was nice and filthy....to see if it would feed them like that. So 118 rds fired without malfuntion right out of the box with just an initial cleaning and a few drops of oil on the rails & barrel before the range session and a cool-down period just long enough for me to rapidly reload my mags. IM PLEASED!

I havent shot this much this year, but after getting into my groove, she held a 2 inch group at 50 feet...and Im certain would do better in more practiced hands. It threw all the brass about 4-5feet behind-and-to-the-right of me and even without a tarp down, the ejection was consistant enough for me to find all but five casings in the grass and the hostas planted there.

So overall, Im very pleased with her and cant wait to get back out and shoot her some more
COTEP #0443 USMC #0311

Last edited by SemperFi1977m; 06-21-2011 at 02:00 PM.
Old 06-21-2011, 07:00 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Good to hear . I got to shoot my new pistol last week and am happy with it so far. I want to shoot it a lot more but I need to re-load for it first to be able to shoot it like I want to, it could get a tad expensive.

That's pretty good luck to have all of those mags work out in it. Don't let your girlfriend shoot it, she'll put a curse on it.

Take care.

Government name- Terry