Go Back   COTEP.org > Firearms > 1911 Style Pistols > Springfield

Old 08-22-2011, 08:18 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

nice lookin Roscoe you got there!
Old 08-23-2011, 09:37 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

I enjoyed the Micro that had back in 09. I ran about a thousand rounds through it. It shot very well and only balked on feeding Speer Gold Dots. The Kimber Ultra's I had at the time wouldn't feed them either.. I had a brass takedown fitting made to that sure speed things up.. I have the dimensions if you want them.. Actually, I believe I still have the part.. Ron
Old 08-23-2011, 06:08 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokopelli View Post
I enjoyed the Micro that had back in 09. I ran about a thousand rounds through it. It shot very well and only balked on feeding Speer Gold Dots. The Kimber Ultra's I had at the time wouldn't feed them either.. I had a brass takedown fitting made to that sure speed things up.. I have the dimensions if you want them.. Actually, I believe I still have the part.. Ron
Quite honestly ... I haven't taken it down that far just yet. I will let you know if I run into issues when I do.

THANKS!!!

Addicted to Pulling the Trigger!

COTEP No. 0265
Old 08-26-2011, 06:26 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Put another 150 through the little Springer last night and again, she ran 100%! First 125 or so were WWB and the last few mags were Golden Saber 185s (my defensive load choice for small 45s). The new slide stop and right handed (only) safety worked perfectly. Confidence is building! She does shoot a tad low with the WWB ammo (6" at 10 yards) ... not as bad with the Golden Sabers (2 to 3 inches). I believe this is a common issue with short barreled 1911s.

COTEP No. 0265
Old 08-26-2011, 01:10 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Mine liked the GS 185's as well.. All my 3" 1911's did actually.. If I remember correctly, mine required covering the target with the sights spot on. It took me some time to learn to shoot the 3" pistols and then it was difficult to go back to the longer 1911's. I eventually learned as the 3" was so short, I couldn't feel a deflection in angle (or tilt) like I could with the longer pistols. A locking the wrist issue I believe. Certainly a different feel to shooting them.. Ron
Old 08-26-2011, 04:53 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Ron ... I agree, it is different. I am now able to shoot pretty good groups with the gun. I couldn't say that after the first couple of magazines. It has grown on me.

If I fully cover the target with the front sight using the GS 185s then it is close to right on ... certainly good enough. I will only carry those rounds as they are both accurate and easy to shoot because of the reduced bullet weight.

Best,

Mike

COTEP No. 0265
Old 12-19-2011, 09:29 PM
Founding Member
Super Moderator

Here's my carry 3" microcompact. It has been flawless. I've never had a ftf or fte. Probably have 750-800 rounds through it. So comfortable to carry, especially in a Crossbreed supertuck holster. (not pictured of course). I carry commercial JHP rounds, but reload and shoot Montana Gold JHP's. It feeds all hollowpoints like butter n' silk. Enjoy your new micro!!!
Da

Old 12-20-2011, 05:08 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

I have carried the Micro a bunch since break in and it carries like a dream. She is a keeper! Glad to hear your Micro has run well too, ! Sounds like a CT thing!

COTEP No. 0265
Old 12-20-2011, 05:30 PM
Founding Member
Super Moderator

@mprimo... thank God that CT isn't a big state. Want to get together ? I'm down in the Bridgeport AREA... not Bpt itself. Except for work
Old 12-20-2011, 05:32 PM
Founding Member
Super Moderator

Someone asked me why the words "MicroCompact" stand out so well. The secret is: Automotive touch up enamel, carefully applied, then a quick wipe with acetone to remove any surface paint. It's impervious to Hoppes or much else!