COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Main Category > News and Politics

Old 06-24-2016, 11:35 AM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitor View Post
The way I see it, the person who died (the rightful owner of the collection) screw it up big time. With such a big firearm collection, ammo stash, and cash sum it's hard to fathom he did't have a will to be executed upon his death?!

He must have known his family members were/are rabidly anti-gun folks, so why leave it to them to decide what to do with the inherited items in question? It truly doesn't make sense from a collectors point of view. He knew these folks wouldn't care for the guns and ammo (I'm sure they're keeping the cash the hypocritical SOBs).

The family has the right to do whatever they want with the firearms if they rightfully have a claim to the inheritance.

Again, it's hard to understand why isn't there a will that details exactly what to do with the collection.

I know that if I had a huge firearms collection I wouldn't leave it to my wife or immediate family. She's mostly anti-gun (she doesn't like them), and my family back in Chile has no clue about the 2A and about the culture of gun ownership so they wouldn't know what to do with them. If I had such a big collection there would be a will stating what museum and gun friends get to keep what.

Rant over.
Agreed. I'll ensure that what inventory I acquire over the rest of my life will be accounted for in my Will... they will go those who deserve and are qualified to handle the items. This, if for no other reason that 1 or 2 of those folks might still be living in the PRNJ, and one of the ways you can avoid needing a Permit-2-purchase form from your CLEO is if the item is a bequest in a Will. After all, it ain't being "purchased."

Last edited by FfNJGTFO; 06-24-2016 at 11:38 AM.