COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Main Category > Main Forum

Old 07-14-2013, 05:28 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Where do you want me to start?

Among other things, I have been a hospital orderly, high school teacher, packaging designer, quality control supervisor, assistant plant manager, computer programmer, college professor, computer consultant...and for the last 16 years, an IT director.

Still haven't decided what I want to be when I grow up

"That rifle hanging on the wall of the working class flat or laborer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."
- George Orwell

Last edited by DrHenley; 07-14-2013 at 05:31 PM.
Old 07-14-2013, 09:34 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrHenley View Post
Where do you want me to start?

Among other things, I have been a hospital orderly, high school teacher, packaging designer, quality control supervisor, assistant plant manager, computer programmer, college professor, computer consultant...and for the last 16 years, an IT director.

Still haven't decided what I want to be when I grow up
No need to hurry deciding

If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
-- Samuel Adams
COTEP CBOB0676
KO4ENQ
Old 07-14-2013, 09:53 PM
Founding Member
Super Moderator

Never grow up. It leads to growing old.

In hoc signo vinces

If you can list them, you ain't got enough!!!

Life Member NRA, SCI, ATA, NSCA
COTEP 414
Old 02-24-2014, 07:48 PM
COTEP Member

It would appear that I am a whole lot of late coming to this party ... but what the heck, someone may actually read it

I graduated from high school determined to be a CPA. My advisor my first year of college was the Director of Computing Services. He talked me into taking Intro to Data Processing. That three hour course changed my life! I changed my major, graduated with a degree in Computer Science with a minor in Accounting. I spent the first half of my career in various software development capacities and the second half in Management.

In 2003 I was diagnosed with Congestive Heart Failure, two years later my Doctors retired me. For the last eight years I have been a stay at home dad, shuttling kids, helping with homework and cooking meals. This is NOT what I ever saw myself doing after I retired, but it affords me a lot of time to play with my toys when the girls are in school. In all, it isn't a bad gig if you can get it
COTEP #785
NRA Patron Member
CCO, ECO, PTE-S, PM-10
Old 02-24-2014, 07:56 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thanked 2,790 Times in 732 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanCamp53 View Post
It would appear that I am a whole lot of late coming to this party ... but what the heck, someone may actually read it

I graduated from high school determined to be a CPA. My advisor my first year of college was the Director of Computing Services. He talked me into taking Intro to Data Processing. That three hour course changed my life! I changed my major, graduated with a degree in Computer Science with a minor in Accounting. I spent the first half of my career in various software development capacities and the second half in Management.

In 2003 I was diagnosed with Congestive Heart Failure, two years later my Doctors retired me. For the last eight years I have been a stay at home dad, shuttling kids, helping with homework and cooking meals. This is NOT what I ever saw myself doing after I retired, but it affords me a lot of time to play with my toys when the girls are in school. In all, it isn't a bad gig if you can get it
I married a CPA most boring parties ever.....glad you got out, saved one soul that way. Your curse in the end was your blessing, your family is the best way to spend time....good gig!
Old 02-24-2014, 08:15 PM
COTEP Member

Thanked 1,137 Times in 254 Posts

I am a professional bum and a troll on FLOTEP.
Old 02-24-2014, 09:40 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

I'm a consulting actuary at present. I've sold paint, taught school, worked with plumbing, electrical, HVAC, etc. during my 66 years. For the last 35, I've been an actuary.
Old 02-24-2014, 11:40 PM
COTEP Member

After many years in the restaurant indusrty and a couple "real jobs" in the corporate world, I started my dog training business in 2008. I'm very fortunate to have a wonderful wife that's a damn good attorney with a salary that allows me to do my own thing

We're in the home stretch of trying to have a baby and the outcome of that will determine what's next for me. I could end up being a F/T Dad and do the dog thing on the side or I might go in a different direction altogether if a family isn't meant to be. The way I see it, it's all in God's hands and I just need to have faith!
Old 02-24-2014, 11:49 PM
COTEP Member

Thanked 1,137 Times in 254 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GD2A View Post
After many years in the restaurant indusrty and a couple "real jobs" in the corporate world, I started my dog training business in 2008. I'm very fortunate to have a wonderful wife that's a damn good attorney with a salary that allows me to do my own thing

We're in the home stretch of trying to have a baby and the outcome of that will determine what's next for me. I could end up being a F/T Dad and do the dog thing on the side or I might go in a different direction altogether if a family isn't meant to be. The way I see it, it's all in God's hands and I just need to have faith!
Hope the best for you bro, just keep on trying (thats the fun part anyways).
Old 02-25-2014, 11:30 AM
COTEP Member

According to my neighbors I am a retired hitter from the northeast who they never saw work a day since they knew me. Rumor has it I am on the witness protection list, I retired from the mob(nobody retires from the mob), I leave periodically to take special hits(I really go to our SC house to shoot) and that I won the lottery.
The truth is I grew a great HVAC business and sold it in 1996, after fifteen years of delivering milk for a family business.
Now I play with our kids and beagles, plant vegetable gardens, shoot alot, chaperone school trips and am a fixture at Little League.

Will be 56 in a few weeks, almost time to start round two of work life as kids get bigger. I am thinking Beaufort, SC Deputy Sheriff.

"The most basic right that we have emanates from our Creator and it is that unalienable right to life. We stand firmly on the principle that from conception until the last breath is drawn, life is sacred.”

Political Correctness is a doctrine, recently fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end!