COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Main Category > Pulling The Trigger > Range Reports

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-30-2011, 08:46 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Default East Alabama Ruger Rimfire Match

Like Steel Challenge but with simpler rules. The weekly Thursday evening matches are only 4 stages due to limited time, and limited to one gun per competitor. Monthly Saturday matches are 6 stages and competitors can use one rifle and one pistol.

Each stage consists of 5 targets, one of which is a stop plate. Your time ends when you hit the stop plate. Any missed targets add 5 seconds. If you never hit the stop plate, you get a 30 second time.

You shoot the stage 5 times, the worst time is thrown out, and the other 4 times are added together for the stage score. The competition is designed to be appealing to all ages, and we have *all* ages competing.

I put my Mimber 22 slide on my DW Panther frame for this match, and I was definitely more accurate than when it was on the Colt Frame.

The slide is very tight on the DW frame, so I was worried about cycling consistently. However, I only had one jam the whole match.

Here is a clip on YouTube of one of the stages, shot by a guy who is about twice as fast as I am. He also used a Mimber slide, but I don't know what frame he was using.

This kid had trouble on some of the stages, but on this particular stage he was faster than I was:

And of course a picture of the gun...shall we call it a "Dan Mimber" ?

DW Panther Frame
Mimber Slide
Wilson Combat Tactical Mag Release
Ed Brown Arched Mainspring Housing

Ammo: Federal Champion plated hollow points (super clean burning)

Last edited by DrHenley; 06-30-2011 at 09:48 PM.