COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Main Category > Main Forum

Old 04-29-2014, 02:53 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911KY View Post
I was thinking about starting with an airsoft pistol if I could find one small enough. I am afraid the noise of live fire will be an issue for her.

At some point I want to get one of those Browning 22 1911's and throw on some pink grips for her. They are the perfect size.
The Browning .22 1911'a have been buggin' me too, but $500 has stopped me so far. Any .22 short, shot out of a rifle, barely makes a crack noise, won't scare her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GD2A View Post
I have to admit; I saw the title, coming from where I presumed to be KY, and was relieved to see it was about shooting!
You are just bad news my friend...

"The most basic right that we have emanates from our Creator and it is that unalienable right to life. We stand firmly on the principle that from conception until the last breath is drawn, life is sacred.”

Political Correctness is a doctrine, recently fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end!
Old 04-29-2014, 04:00 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
I have to admit; I saw the title, coming from where I presumed to be KY, and was relieved to see it was about shooting!
Hahaha... I was waiting for it....especially with this crowd, saw that coming from my intro post!!!!

I will have to try the .22 shorts. I have a Beretta Bobcat in .22, I may let her handle it, to see if she can pull the trigger.

She knows all about hearing protection, been wearing muffs while I cut the grass, riding with me on riding mower!!
Old 04-29-2014, 04:27 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911KY View Post
Hahaha... I was waiting for it....especially with this crowd, saw that coming from my intro post!!!!

I will have to try the .22 shorts. I have a Beretta Bobcat in .22, I may let her handle it, to see if she can pull the trigger.

She knows all about hearing protection, been wearing muffs while I cut the grass, riding with me on riding mower!!

Sounds like your daughter is enjoying a good old fashioned American upbringing ... AWESOME! Best keep an eye out for the fun police though, these days it wouldn't surprise me if being on a riding mower wasn't cause for DCF to intervene
Old 04-29-2014, 04:55 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Sounds like your daughter is enjoying a good old fashioned American upbringing ... AWESOME! Best keep an eye out for the fun police though, these days it wouldn't surprise me if being on a riding mower wasn't cause for DCF to intervene
Tell me about it....keeping those folks far away from my household....Only 2 people going to have a say in the way my kids are raised! Gotta keep them grounded or they start saying "like" every other word and walk around as if their face is glued to their phone!!!
Old 04-29-2014, 11:01 PM
COTEP Member

I buy cricket rifles for all my neices and nephews for there 3rd birth day. They are made 20 miles from my house. They are all taught to handle them safely and under close supervision. Gun safety rules are followed at all times or they cant play use them.