COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Firearms > Other Semiauto Pistols > S&W

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-01-2016, 02:50 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Default S&W M&P CORE Custom

Howdy all,
Just decided to take a break from building Glocks and started to shoot M&P's in Steel Challenge.
Started with a Stock PORTED CORE added a STS red dot, slide racker and Apex Trigger system (FF, FS,with competition springs 2.8#'s)

But not being able to leave well enough alone and wanting a back up gun I traded for a New M&P 4.25" CORE

First, I added the red dot (C-More STS) on top. Then I added an Apex trigger system (same as above) and Slide Racker. To continue, I added a full length un-captured guide rod with an ISMI 13# spring. (guide rod sticks out a little from the slide) and it supports the full length of the barrel.

The gun worked great and I decided I wanted a lighter slide and put the slide on our mill and cut windows on the top and on the sides.

I had to re-tune the spring for the lighter slide.

I had a friend of mine who is in the Cerakota business re finish the slide in (his selection) Burnt Bronze.
Actually is looks ok with Black small parts. ]I might gibe him the Maxwell to re-finsh to match the slide.
I also added a set of Talon Grips (but I think I will trim them and maybe match the backstop to the slide also (still do not know)

My load that I use is a 147g Hi-Tech coated bullet, with 3.5g of Titegroup and Federal Primers.

The mags all have TT bases on them to wrk with the Maxwell.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to girphoto For This Useful Post:
ColMike (02-01-2016), jmlutz (02-01-2016), sdmc530 (02-01-2016)