COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Main Category > Main Forum

Old 07-25-2014, 11:29 AM
COTEP Member

Default Need Books

Hey Guys/Gals........Some of you know the story about me having water damage at my SC house nearly two years ago. What happened is the roof split in a strong storm, and the back room, approx 22 by 14, was taking water every time it rained. Even morning dew caused drips it was so wide open. I was making a trip up there to just check the house and walked into a room that was covered, inch by inch, in mold, floor to ceiling. The rug was new, the walls and ceiling we all rough cut pine, tongue and groove. A true country room. The insurance process began. Mold mitigation team was sent, room gutted. New roof put on house. Finally I am ready to completely finish the room, and once again I will make it a country room, rough pine. But with a twist. This time I am adding lighting and will shelve the whole room and turn it into a "country library". But I need books...lotsa books. At least a thousand books. If you have any books you don't want I will pay the shipping to me. Or if you know a place where I can get books please let me know. Completion date is January 1, 2015. Been a long, very expensive haul. Can't wait to see it all completed. Thanks for any ideas or books!
Old 07-25-2014, 12:02 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Sorry to hear about the damage but glad that you are getting it taken care of.

I do not have any books but why not check out a thrift store in the area. They usually have hardback books sometimes for like a quarter on up in price.

COTEP # CBOB0152
Old 07-25-2014, 12:03 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoMag View Post
Sorry to hear about the damage but glad that you are getting it taken care of.

I do not have any books but why not check out a thrift store in the area. They usually have hardback books sometimes for like a quarter on up in price.
AHA!! Thank You!!.....what a great way for me and my kids to spend some time out of the sun!
Old 07-25-2014, 12:07 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

That would be one way to score some inexpensive shelf fillers!!!

We have Children's Hospital of the King's Daughters thrift stores here that I donate to and they always have hardback books available.

COTEP # CBOB0152
Old 07-25-2014, 12:28 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoMag View Post
That would be one way to score some inexpensive shelf fillers!!!

We have Children's Hospital of the King's Daughters thrift stores here that I donate to and they always have hardback books available.
Gonna put the kids on it.....In all honesty, that whole house is my man cave, out on a dirt road. It's a great place with alot of history, I want to make it better. I think, not being very literate, that books are a good way to start. So I'm goin' with my gut, gonna build a library room.

Oh, with a flat screen, rifle bench with vise, kegerator....you know, library necessities.
Old 07-25-2014, 12:29 PM
COTEP Member

Joe, we are selling our NC house to move to Fl. Full time. Just donated a few hundred books to the local thrift store that supports hungry or homeless mountain people.

Check with charities that accept books as donations for their Thrift Shops and you can probably buy lots for a donation. Two birds with one shot.........
COTEP #744
Old 07-25-2014, 12:48 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPDC View Post
Joe, we are selling our NC house to move to Fl. Full time. Just donated a few hundred books to the local thrift store that supports hungry or homeless mountain people.

Check with charities that accept books as donations for their Thrift Shops and you can probably buy lots for a donation. Two birds with one shot.........
Funny thing is with a few replies here I am rejuvinated. New hope for completion on the repair job that is 500 miles away and has dragged on and on and on. I went up there to work a few months ago, unwound all my nail gun hoses and extension cords. I was stoked. Looked at the job, closed my work trailer doors, drove to Hooters, sixty miles away in Savannah, Georgia. I got so piss drunk two Marines from the Air Station in Beaufort had to come get me. Job wore me down, and I doubt I'll be re-imbursed in full cause it took so long. But ya cannot get help out there, nobody wants to drive out there to work. So it drones on and on.....but getting closer to being done.
Old 07-25-2014, 01:30 PM
COTEP Member

I'll check with our person who manages our books. We may be able to spare a few boxes. You'll just have to run over here and pick them up.
Old 07-25-2014, 01:34 PM
Founding Member
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,478 Times in 295 Posts

First you need to learn how to read,

Old 07-25-2014, 01:38 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgehill View Post
I'll check with our person who manages our books. We may be able to spare a few boxes. You'll just have to run over here and pick them up.
Andy, will it be OK if I drive???

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMVET72 View Post
First you need to learn how to read,

Bad, bad man....hehehehehe