Thread: Guardian 2012
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2014, 02:34 PM
COTEP Member

Thanked 1,137 Times in 254 Posts
Default 1st Range Report

This is a short range report as I did not have a lot of time and idiots entered the range (so I called it good).

Shot 100rds of Remington UMC 230gr FMJ with 3 FTFeeds and 1 FTEject.

Shot 50rds of Federal Champion 230gr FMJ with 0 failures.

Shot 20rd Winchester PDX1 230gr HP with 0 failures.

I'm not sure what caused the 3 misfeeds and 1 failure to fully eject with the UMC ammo but, after I switched to the rem and win ammo, it ran perfect... it was dirty by then as well). I used three different mags. 1 STI mag and 2 Wilson mags. The failures were with both Wilson mags.

Next time I will run some WWB FMJs, which I have never had problems with and see how it functions.

I will also try to get some Federal HST 230gr HP, as this is what I would like to run in it for self defense.

It's not getting carried until I am 100% sure it is reliable.

That's all for now.

PS: This pistol is very accurate. I shot 4 rounds through one hole at 7yds and pulled the fifth shot. I don't care for the 3 dot white sights but, will leave as is for now. I will change them out later with some straight eights or something similar.

PPS: Point ability feels natural and the balance is spot on. Trigger breaks clean around 4.5lbs and there is no creep. Reset is a dream, which makes follow up shots easy and on target. The grips are ok but, will get a little more aggressive grips later.