View Single Post
Old 02-03-2014, 01:35 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Default A proper update to my progress.

I figured that I would post an update on my progress to reloading 223/556.

I didn't have anytime to commit to reloading last year and only ended up reloading 200 rounds of 45ACP on my LNL in Spring '13. I also only got out to shoot half a dozen times so I just used some of my stash to fuel those range trips. But now, I'm getting back into it and have already reloaded 400 rounds of 45 ACP this year and will be making some more to pad the stash in preparation of setting my LNL up for 223/556.

As far as components go, I had been searching for more Ramshot TAC and bullets throughout last year and both were unobtainable. However, bullets started to come back in stock towards the end of the year and I added to my stash with some Hornady and Xtreme Bullets 55gr FMJBT bullets as well as 75gr HPBT. As I stated a couple posts earlier I hit the TAC lottery last week so now I'm comfortable with what I have on hand to start reloading. After I get some more bullets I will have my stash to the point that I would have enough components to reload 10k rounds.

Powder: Ramshot TAC ($128/8LB)
Primers: Wolf SPRM ($14/1000) Now $23.50 at Wideners
Bullets: Hornady Zmax 55gr, Hornady 55gr FMJBT, Xtreme Bullets 55gr FMJBT and 75gr HPBT from Wideners

I did get all of my brass sorted, deprimed and stainless media tumbled over the course of last year. Now the next step for me is to resize, trim and remove any primer crimps.

After that I just need to setup my LNL press to process the 223/556. I have been considering purchasing a separate LNL Powder Measure to dedicate to rifle rounds.....but I'm still undecided. Will provide additional updates when time permits me.