View Single Post
Old 04-27-2020, 09:58 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick McC. View Post

Commander sized 1911s, which the Professional almost is, are my favorites.

I do own two sub-compact 1911s; a Sig Ultra Tribal, and a Kimber Ultra CDP II. Both are in .45 acp. Recoil has never been a problem for me, and they both shoot fine. That said, I did spend a good bit of time and $$ in making the Kimber reliable. If it wasn’t a present from the wife, I’d have sold it long ago, along with the other Kimbers I used to own.

He obviously didn’t know as much as he thought he did; he shot a Glock.

Even though the little Kimber runs perfectly, I rarely carry it, I guess because of my experience with the brand. I frequently carry the little Sig, and it’s run flawlessly from day one.

The advantage of the little ones for me is less to carry on bad back days. I mostly carry the Commanders, and occasionally full sized 1911s. I’v been carrying the Professional regularly for the last couple of months.
Same for my Eclipse II, Mama Bought it for my birthday so it will never leave. It's pretty, I spent A LOT of time and $$ getting it running right. It was a good learning gun. I now know how much a Schwartz can screw things up. It shoots well, but it rarely leaves the Nightstand. I pretty much stay with my commanders. In the the summer time I move to my Sig 938.

NO Comment on Glockers...

My brother in law picked up CDP ultra carry in 9mm and had it worked over, said he liked it enough to park his CBOB. Then my sister went to the range with him and shot it... Now he's back to his CBOB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb View Post
Thanks for the info. Two of my 1911s have a four inch barrel like s undercarriage. I have not had any problems with them tho.
We really don't want to know HOW YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT PIG'S UNDERCARRIAGE !!!!

COTEP 439